Pages

Monday, August 5, 2019

Ella West reply



Dear Ella,

My name is Addyson and I’m a year 8 student at Hornby High.
Last term my teacher, Mrs Allan Fletcher picked a book for my reading group. The book she chose for us happened to be Night Vision I loved this book a lot, It was interesting, mysterious and awesome.
If I had known about this book a long time ago I would have definitely have read it already.
Sadly I know that you are not doing a sequel for Night Vision but if you were what do you think you would write it about?
If you were Viola what do you think would be your biggest fear and why?
Can you remember how long it took you to write this book?
What was the hardest part of writing Night Vision and while you were writing this book did you connect with any of the characters or feel like you made a bond with him or her?
How old were you when to first decided to write books and did you ever have doubts about the career you went with?
When you were a little girl did you read a lot of books and which one was your favourite?
My favourite book is the goosebumps books.
Then you were younger what was your dream career?
This term my teacher has chosen rain fall I’m super excited to read this book. I hope it is as good as Night Vision
If you ever around Hornby please make sure you come and visit my teacher would jump up and down all across the room.
If you want to have a look at my blog my link it here

Sincerely

Addyson
Hi Addyson
The main reason I won’t write a sequel to Night Vision is because in it Viola will be older and so probably she will be dying of her condition and I don’t want to write a story about a dying kid because it would be so sad (think about me writing it – I would be crying every day!) I think dying from XP is her biggest fear, but she doesn’t admit it. She knows it will happen and tries to deal with it but it’s so scary and awful and sad.
From memory it took about six months to write the book then several years (yes, years) to get it edited, proofed and published. The book industry takes forever! Writing the story is the easy part!
I read heaps of books when I was a kid and loved lots of science fiction like the dragon books by Anne McCaffrey. I always wanted to write books and luckily I got to make it happen – a publisher gave me the chance.
Hope you like Rain Fall!
All the best
Ella

I enjoyed the book due to the fact that it was interesting. I can remember in one part of the book I was actually worried this was the bit where viola was caught by Geoff I knew something was going to happen but I still was like saying get out of there go inside hurry up in my head.I feel very Proud of my reading group for making this happen, Amazed because we are getting a chance to meet an author. Privileged to be in this reading group. One of the questions I want to ask Ella West is why she chose to write the ending the way she did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about